Health surveillance is an annual workplace assessment that is needed when an employee is exposed to hazards that could affect their health. e.g. noise, dust, chemicals, vibration.
The results are then compared over time allowing an overview of the workers’ health and the ability to spot trends.
We start by undertaking a needs analysis of your employee demographic to review we then find the best most cost effective health surveillance services you need in order to comply with relevant health and safety legislations.
Relevant Legislation include:
• Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999
• Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
• Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
• Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002
• Specialist legislation relating to specific chemicals, substances or risks
Following the needs analysis, we work in partnership with you to implement and maintain a planned annual health surveillance programme.
Health surveillance may include the following screenings depending on the outcome of the needs analysis:
• Audiology assessments
• Cardio-respiratory and dermatology investigations for COSHH
• Drivers and forklift truck operator’s assessments
• Food handler assessments
• Vibration, HAVS and manual handling assessments
• Cold storage reviews
• Night workers screening
• Breathing apparatus and confined space medicals
• Drug and alcohol screening including chain of custody requirements, if necessary