Laughter yoga is a unique concept. There is no need for a great sense of humour, comedy, or jokes. It is carried out as an exercise, where simulated laughter soon becomes real, when there is eye contact, movement, and willingness to join in.
Scientific evidence suggests we get similar physiological and psychological benefits when we pretend to laugh and do so eventually.
- Laughter yoga sessions will generally last around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on the number of participants as well as how much free movement the space allows.
- The sessions begin with a brief introduction, followed by a range of exercises, with short transition periods in between.
- Ideally, there should be enough room for people to lie comfortably on the floor, as the exercises end with a relaxing yoga nidra session.
- Group sizes can vary, with 15 people being the recommended number. Larger groups can be accommodated if there is adequate space.
- Laughter yoga is best delivered face-to-face. Our trainers would visit your premises and conduct up to 4 sessions in a single day.
These sessions are perfect for conferences and wellbeing weeks/events!