Living with COVID in work in 2022
Living with COVID in work in 2022: In 2020 COVID-19 took the world by storm, prompting the UK government to enter in to the first lockdown of 2020 which was followed by more lockdowns to control the spread of the virus, protect the NHS, and save lives.
After almost 2 years of restrictions in February 2022 the UK government have announced their plans for the UK to move towards a plan for Living with COVID and currently in England there is no legal requirement to self-isolate if you test positive for COVID-19 and free lateral flow testing will also come to end 1st April 2022.
This is because there are now many factors that have improved our capability to live with the virus, such as:
- A range of effective vaccines
- A suite of pharmaceutical treatments & therapies
- Variants such as Omnicom that have less severe symptoms
All the above has enabled the government to move towards their plans of living with COVID. So, what does this mean for our everyday lives in 2022? Well, essentially just as we live with common colds and variants of Flu the same now rings true for COVID-19 thanks to improvements in our capabilities to battle the virus and just as we take measure to protect ourselves from the common cold and flu, we must continue to do the same with COVID-19 by exercising high standards of personal hygiene.
So, what steps can you take to keep you and your family safe from COVID-19?
- Catch it
- Germs spread easily. Always carry tissues and use them to catch your cough or sneeze
- Bin It
- Germs can live for several hours on tissues. Dispose of your tissue as soon as possible
- Kill it
- Hands can transfer germs to every surface you touch. Wash/clean your hands as soon as you can
- Wear a face covering
- Whilst this is no longer a legal requirement in the UK, the government do still advise on the importance of wearing a face covering in crowded and enclosed places
- Keep indoor spaces well ventilated
- Opening windows and doors at opposite sides of your room or home will provide a good flow of fresh air
- Get Vaccinated
- Getting vaccinated helps to slow the spread of the virus as well as protect you from severe symptoms
On 1st April 2022 the UK government will stop providing free NHS Lateral Flow Testing Kits to both businesses and individuals. Here at Fusion, we understand that you may still want to provide testing to your employees to keep them safe and keep your business operational. That’s why we are now providing COVID-19 Lateral Flow Testing Kits at competitive rates.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org